Monday, August 11, 2008

Week Eight - Thing #19

The next assignment was to explore LibraryThing, create an account and add 5 books to my library. I have to admit I have looked at this site before and wondered why anyone would want to use it. That is because I only glanced at it in passing. To be obedient :) and complete my assignment, I created an account. I am a cookbook collector with over 200 cookbooks so I decided that I would add these books to my virtual library. It was so easy - I wish adding books to our collection at school was this easy. I just typed in the ISBN number and all the cataloging information popped up on the screen. One click and the book is listed in my library. I discovered a cookbook collector group to watch, and I now receive suggestions for more cookbooks to collect - this could be dangerous. I have already had to build one cabinet to store all my cookbooks. As I have time I plan to enter all my cookbooks in my library.
Hopefully the link below will take you to my catalog. I had more trouble linking the site to my blog than I did cataloging the books. Perhaps this librarian needs 24 Things.

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I love to collect and read cookbooks, but I keep going back to my own recipes...add a little of this and a little of that...