Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Week Eight - Thing # 18

This week is like playing hopscotch and landing on both feet. Finally we are studying something I am familiar with. I use Google documents all the time. When I was secretary of a committee I wrote my minutes in Google documents and e-mailed them to the chairman so that he could add changes. This application also works well with students. The documents are accessible on any computer. They are collaborative or can be set for viewing only. All that is needed is a Google account. From looking at Zoho I think they work the same way.

Last summer I lost everything saved on my computer at school. Now I save all my documents in Google documents and there are no more worries about losing valuable time reconstructing library documents. The documents are similar to Word and Excel. If you know how to use one you can use the other.

2 comments:

ESC1 said...

We have used Google docs for collaborative real-time editing. At a meeting, we were able to post edits anonymously.

Nonny said...

I totally agree. Nice to be on more familiar territory!