Thursday, July 10, 2008

Week Three - Thing #6

Flickr mashups were new to me. Color Pickr was a "Wow" experience, and I played around longer than I should have just looking at the different photos and color selections. If the rest of the 23 things are like this I am going to need a thesaurus to come up with different superlatives. "Wow" will get old fast. Montagr was also a fun experience. The trading cards, however, have the most potential for classroom use in my opinion. Even high school students would have fun with these.

I have to admit that the articles in Wikipedia did give great explanations about mashups, but since I try to steer students away from Wikipedia to more reliable sources, it is ironic that it is being used to instruct librarians. Is Wikipedia changing? Where does it fit as a tool for students?

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I use Wikipedia all the time for research on technology topics, popular entertainment topics, and to compare information from different reference sources. I think it is a very valuable resource, but there are some articles I wouldn't use in a formal assignment.

I also use Google constantly.